The Short and Sweet
We want Quidd to continue to be a creative and safe place for fun and unique expression. We need you to help us foster this community. Most importantly, respect everyone in the Quidd community: don’t spam people, bully them, deceive them, post nudity or post any other form of inappropriate content.
The Details of it All
Quidd is a reflection of our diverse community of cultures, ages, and beliefs who come together over a shared love of pop culture. We’ve developed the following guidelines after much thought, deliberation and debate about how to best incorporate the diverse views of a community into a safe and open environment for everyone.
We created these Community Guidelines so that together, we can foster and protect this one of a kind community. By using Quidd, you agree to these guidelines and our Terms of Service. We’re committed to these guidelines and we hope you are too. Overstepping these boundaries may result in deleted content, suspended or disabled accounts, or other restrictions.
- All public areas of the app -- your Profile, your Blurb, your Profile Image, the Quidd feed posts, etc. -- should only have content acceptable for people aged 9 and older to see.Individual fandoms may have different age ratings that allow for more mature content. You can see the age rating of a channel by tapping on it and looking at the rating under the title. For instance, Fallout 4 is rated “17+” which means only customers who are 17 or older can purchase (or see) any items from the shop and posts, feature banners, and other messaging about Fallout 4 may also be rated "17+". This does not mean that you cannot feature any Fallout 4 or similarly rated properties in your profile. However, anything featured in your profile is subject to Terms of Service and should be chosen with discretion.
- The gross misvaluing of any item for the purpose of manipulating the Listings Feed will be considered deceiving users and may result in a suspension.
- Giveaways and contests are not allowed within the app unless under certain circumstances, when Quidd has given consent and can oversee the event. Past occurrences have shown that with no regulation and/or monitoring users have not always handled these activities in an appropriate and legitimate manner.
- We know that there are times when people might want to share nude images that are artistic or creative in nature, but for a variety of reasons, we don’t allow nudity of any form in user generated content on Quidd. Gallery sets (our “Art History” channel) may include nudity, for example, and if you post a Display Post with a Renaissance painting that's okay. The Gallery Brand is age restricted 14+ for this reason. This includes illustrations, photos, videos, and some digitally-created or altered content that show sexual intercourse, genitals, and close-ups of fully-nude buttocks. Quidd unilaterally reserves the right to deem any content on the platform as inappropriate and subject to action against a customer’s account.
- People like to share photos or videos of their children. For safety reasons, there are times when we may remove images that show nude or partially-nude children. Even when this content is shared with good intentions, it could be used by others in unanticipated ways. We suggest that you do not post photos of your children, but this is within your discretion.
- Foster meaningful and genuine interactions.
- Help us stay spam-free by not collecting praise, followers, or shares, through the creation of artificial accounts, posting repetitive comments or content, or contacting people for commercial purposes without their consent.
- Follow the Law
- Quidd is not a place to support or praise terrorism, organized crime, or hate groups. Offering sexual services, buying or selling firearms and illegal or prescription drugs (even if it’s legal in your region) is also not allowed. Accounts promoting online gambling, online real money games of skill, the sale of the in-app catalog on any third party site, or online lotteries violate the Terms of Service.
- We have zero tolerance when it comes to sharing sexual content (especially involving minors) or threatening to post intimate images of others.
- Because of the age range of users in the Quidd community, we cannot allow direct links and/or outside promotions to be posted within the app. This is due to the sometimes dangerous nature of the internet, along with our inability to moderate the content therein. We feel this is a necessary precaution to protect our younger users and the overall safety of those within the app.
- Respect other members of the Quidd community.
- We want to foster a positive, diverse, fun, and interactive community. We remove content that contains credible threats or hate speech, content that targets private individuals to degrade or shame them, personal information meant to blackmail or harass someone, and repeated unwanted messages. We do however generally allow stronger conversation around people who are featured in the news or have a large public audience due to their profession or chosen activities.
- It's never acceptable to encourage violence or attack anyone based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disabilities, or diseases. The use of historical or controversial figures to illustrate hate speech will not be tolerated and will be removed.
- Serious threats of harm to public and personal safety aren't allowed. This includes specific threats of physical harm as well as threats of theft, vandalism, and other financial harm. We carefully review reports of threats and consider many things when determining whether a threat is credible.
- Content posted as a "joke" or "ironically" will still be treated the same as content posted with deliberate intent to harm.
- Maintain our supportive environment by not glorifying or advocating self-injurious speech and behavior.
- The Quidd community cares for each other, and can often be a place where people facing difficult issues such as eating disorders, cutting, or other kinds of self-injury come together to find support. Encouraging or urging people to embrace self-injury is counter to this environment of support, and we’ll remove it or disable accounts that advocate for self-injury if it’s reported to us. We do not want users to upload graphic content about self-injury. We may also remove content identifying any victims or survivors of self-injury if the content targets them for attack or humor. If you see a post from a user that needs further support please reach out to email@example.com
- Be thoughtful when posting newsworthy events.
- We understand that many people who use Quidd would like to share important and newsworthy events. Some of these issues can involve graphic images. Because so many different people and age groups use our app we will remove content with intense, graphic violence to make sure we stay appropriate for everyone.
- Sharing graphic images for sadistic pleasure or to glorify violence is never allowed.
Help us keep our community strong:
- Each of us is an important part of the Quidd community. If you see something that you think may violate our guidelines, please help us by using our built-in reporting option. We have a moderation team that reviews these reports and works as quickly as possible to remove content that doesn’t meet our guidelines. When you complete the report, try to provide as much information as possible, such as screenshots, usernames, and descriptions of the content, so we can find and review it quickly. We may remove entire posts,comments, profile images, blurbs, etc. if either the imagery or associated captions violate our guidelines.
- You may find content you don’t like, but doesn’t violate the Community Guidelines. You can curate your Quidd experience by unfollowing and/or blocking people. If there's something you don't like in a comment on one of your posts, you can report that comment. In your settings you can also choose not to see comments by people you have blocked.
- Many disputes and misunderstandings can be resolved directly between members of the community. Don't target the person involved with the disputed issues by posting screenshots and drawing attention to the situation so that others may be exposed and/or rally against the other party, because that may be classified as harassment. You can also report a person by tapping on their user icon and selecting “Report Comment” in the feeds or by going to their profile and tapping the “...” icon on the top right and selecting “Report User”.
- We may work with law enforcement, when we believe that there’s risk of physical harm or threat to public safety.
If you’ve been suspended you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how long your suspension will last.